2015

It's truly incredible how fast 2015 went. It seems like just yesterday I was spending my new years with my cousins in the Philippine...



It's truly incredible how fast 2015 went. It seems like just yesterday I was spending my new years with my cousins in the Philippines and now here I am, with bleached blonde hair,  a completed diploma, a job I love (who knew I would enjoy going to work?!), and a ton of memories spent with different circle of friends. I've also neglected this blog, and many other things too, which I regret, but the positives outweigh all the bad that has happened throughout the year and I'm glad that through everything I have a God that has been with me through hell and back and still chooses to stay put, right by my side.

Despite how much of a roller coaster (and anyone who knows me well know I absolutely hate roller coasters- not that its relevant in this metaphor) 2015 was, it was great. I admit, as I was reflecting on the year as the time drew closer to January 1st, I thought the year was horrible. Not my worst, but it didn't feel the best. But as I thought out of the box and in different perspectives, I realised 2015 was a year of personal growth and learning; in school, in friendship, in my faith. Everything was a stepping zone to achieve and be better in the years ahead. The universe would crunch me up and destroy my mentality in some days, and then I would love it all over again. The pain I've felt is just a lesson in itself. I learned a lot about myself this year by the feedback my loved ones would give me, allowing me to either (on a friendly note) change or to keep being myself. I was vulnerable in a lot of things and put my trust especially on people who dusted away my friendship and love to them but only now I realise I've been blessed with so much sometimes I forget when the thing that comes into my mind are all the negative. To those who've done me wrong, I forgive you. To those I may have done wrong, I apologise. Let's all start the new year with a smile and a fresh mentality.

On the 31st of December, I went the last service of the year where we talked about all our thanksgiving and blessings we've had throughout the year. I'd like to share some of mine with you.



  • Starting and finishing my Journalism course even though University is something I'm not familiar of. It has challenged me in many different ways but I'm thankful for it nonetheless.
  • Getting an acceptance letter to further my education YAY
  • Getting a job after praying about it for a year and a bit. The Lord has blessed me with people I love working with and a job I can cope and enjoy.
  • Being part of the ECHAD Concert Night on November 13 because not only was I part of the planning and the things behind it, we were able to save lives, bringing people to Jesus
  • Special shoutout to ECHAD family again because they have been my rock through everything. They have always encouraged and supported me in strengthening my faith and I'm forever grateful to have them for always putting a smile of my face whenever we see each other. Thank you. 
  • God has proven he's been on my side in many different scenarios. He's blessed me in surrounding me with people who won't let me stray away from my faith, even though there have been times I was about to
  • Stepping out of my comfort zone in radio and public speaking. I'm still working on speaking in front of a crowd but I'm slowlyyyy getting there
  • Leading my youth when they needed someone the most 
  • My youth has been through struggles and trials but despite all that we are still a tight knit family who continue to support and love each other no matter what has happened this year. I love you all. 
  • Being part of teaching in Sunday School is such a surreal experience. I'm not the best mentor but I want to be better not only for myself now but for the kids. 

 I hope my words have encouraged you in thinking positive. Who knew that despite all the lows in 2015 I can still make a chunk of a list of things I've accomplished. I hope everyone has a wonderful and spectacular new year.



Love, Marjorie

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images