Japan Festival 2014

This was the second consecutive year I was able to go to the Japanese Festival held at Box Hill. The atmosphere it brings is very ap...




This was the second consecutive year I was able to go to the Japanese Festival held at Box Hill. The atmosphere it brings is very appreciative of the different elements that make up the culture. 





[Ikebana arranged by a student from an Ikebana class -its so pretty~]


[stalls at the festival located downstairs]

Although they mostly showcase or sell the same things from last year, something makes it more unique and different each year. Ahh~ I have no idea how to explain it haha but basically, it was still an enjoyable festival. 
Many people from different cultures all came together to share the one interest of Japanese culture, and I think that's what makes festivals really cool; everyone shares the same interests. I'm always heavily inspired by Japanese culture, every since I was a child, so having these sorts of events satisfies my crave in wanting to go the country itself. 
Another reason I came was to also build up my folio and to get some inspiration. Because my Art theme was culture and I love Japan, I thought I could base some of my artworks from Japanese culture. *Few months later I actually did a photography and watercolour artwork inspired by Japanese culture, yaaaas*


[Cosplay as well as dressing traditionally, whether it be wearing a kimono, was heavily encouraged -I believe you could get free entry if you did so :) ]





[calligraphy -they were so beautiful~ I actually tried doing calligraphy for my Art artwork but failed so bad, nothing as good as this stuff! I applaud her 'cause I didn't realise how hard calligraphy was T^T ]


[my sad attempt at this T.T It was really hard, this photo is lying! My friend took this quick enough that it makes it look like I stood up for so long, when I really didnt haha]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images